The way we design our homes reflects our one-of-a-kind uniqueness. Often, we spend years honing our personal habitats, but what if you could create your ideal surroundings in a single afternoon? That wish can become a reality when you enter the 1,500-square-foot Design Studio of semi-custom new home builder Saddlebrook Properties, located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Follow these tips to make the most of this special experience!
Preparation Makes Perfect
Begin gathering ideas before you arrive at the Design Studio. Decide what style of home you’re seeking: Traditional, Contemporary, Farmhouse, or an eclectic mix, and take a road trip to view the lifestyle communities built by Saddlebrook Properties in Farragut, Hardin Valley, West Knoxville, and Maryville. Snap photos, write down street addresses of exteriors that appeal to you, and walk through open models for inspiration. Use Pinterest, Houzz, Canva, or magazine clippings to create a vision board. And finally, don’t forget to make a list of what you don’t like – that’s just as important!
A Handy Checklist
- Not sure where to begin your dream home research? Follow this list to make the picture clearer:
- Exterior (Colors of brick, stone, roof, siding/shake, soffit, windows, front door, and shutters)
- Flooring (location and type of hardwood, tile, and carpet)
- Bathrooms (cabinet style, finish, hardware; countertop, faucet style and finish, shower design)
- Kitchen (cabinet style, finish, hardware; countertop, backsplash, sink faucet, faucet style)
- Interior trim (fireplace surround, mantle style, interior door style, hardware; trim color, style)
- Appliances (Brand, range/cooktop, dishwasher, microwave vent/hood, microwave oven)
Paint (color, location)
Make Time for You
Now it’s time bring your new construction home a step closer to reality with a visit to the Saddlebrook Properties Design Studio. There, you’ll be greeted by Elizabeth Risner, Saddlebrook’s in-house, NCIDQ-certified Interior Designer. Elizabeth will be the conductor of the symphony that is the design of your new luxury home, guiding you through the showroom filled with on-trend samples you can see and touch. Make it a day to pamper yourself… clear your schedule, turn off your phone, dress comfortably, and arrange for childcare so you can fully focus on custom designing the home you’ll be enjoying for years to come.
Your New Home Design, Made Easy
With thoughtful preparation, the guidance of an Interior Design professional, and a one-stop shop for choices, transforming a house into the special place you call home doesn’t have to be a lengthy or overwhelming process. The Design Studio is just a part of the stress-free homebuilding experience mastered by the new home construction experts at Saddlebrook Properties. Contact their team today at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (865) 966-8700.